Friday, February 15, 2008

Clear Retainer


So I have this thing in my mouth now. I also have two little post glued to my left fang outside and inside. So I put in the retainer, loop n elastic over the inside post, OVER the retainer and over the outside post thereby pulling the tooth OUT of my head and into the retainer. This is not painful but it IS irritating. It's VERY hard to put on these stupid elastics! Tougher than tying a hair ribbon on a bolt of lightning! That's a good simile. Anyway it also annoys me that I feel it pulling (which is what it's SUPPOSED to do!). Anyway it's in. Three to six months. Then my smile will be straight. I hope.

7 comments:

Zoely said...

not for nothin', but you already have a beautiful smile. It's the gleam in the eye when you do it (smile) that...oh nevermind.

lime said...

how very evocative of teenage life.

hey, my folks are going away. wanna have a party? maybe we could play spin the bottle.

Elaine Denning said...

No pain, no gain, so they say.

You have a lovely smile already :)

Bunny said...

I had the elastics for two years. Not fun, but you'll get through it. I also had the full braces for 2.5 years, headgear to wear at night, and a lingual retainer glued-in, on the bottom for 6 years. But it is worth it to like your smile (though I liked yours already!)

Johanne said...

You'll be perfect after that treatment... ;-)

Winterswan said...

I never noticed your tooth being messed up, but if it makes you feel better to fix it, then it's cool it's something that shouldn't take too long. Adult orthodonty seems to be a big thing nowadays. A girlfriend of mine who is 28 has braces right now to fix her teeth, but they're the full, shiny kind.

Winterswan said...

ps-I like the length of your hair right now!!!