Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Becoming a musician and other trivia


I really first had the idea of becoming a musician in the 2nd or 3d grade. I had a teacher; Mrs. Carroll. She was petite, hot and had this sexy brown hair...ahem. Anyway I had the hots for her (at like 9 years old) and I went wild trying to be her pet which I was. Anyway she told a story about how her grandfather had been a piano player during the depression playing in the speakeasys and how he had been able to feed his family because when people would offer to buy him a drink he'd ask them to buy him and sandwich instead and in this way he fed his wife and kids. This made a big impression on me early on though it took many years and the onset of puberty (plus a push from a friend who wanted it even more than me) before I really got it together.
Speaking of formative experiences, in 5th grade I had a male science teacher, Mr. Brehaut. He was also a scout leader and a fireman. In my eyes he was a hero and a great man. I tried very hard to be a good student in his classes though I was losing my mind from the onset of puberty. Anyway he asked me to join his scout troup and I considered it and even went to one meeting but...something just wasn't right. I couldn't put my finger on it but there was something creepy going on with him and the kids and I didn't like it and never went back. Good thing too. He was later jailed for molesting those kids and eventually died of a heart attack in jail. Another bullet dodged.

3 comments:

lime said...

well thanks to mrs carrol!

and that creepy teacher, well, gees1 i am glad you listened to your gut on that one. scary shit.

Winterswan said...

I had an art teacher who inspired me like that, Mr. Del Signori; I actually went back to his class after I graduated to thank him for being one of the only classes that made it worth coming to school and for inspiring me to go to college. I absolutely loved him-he was one hundred percent himself and a fantastic artist, and kind of crazy. A great combination. As far as the freaky scout leader-yikes. I was always skeptical about my teachers, until I got to know them. There weren't too many that I really liked a lot (the ones I did were usually the eccentrics!) but thank God for the special few.

S said...

OK whew I found you again... I had to first find my email...etc....hope all is well....

Ok heres what I have to say about teachers
some you remember because they were good and taught you alot

some you remember because they were mean and made your life heck

and some of them you slept with

Oh! What? Hello? Are you talking to me?

HHNT ANdy!