Monday, May 21, 2007

New digs, etc...



This lovely pic of the New Mexico Sky ganked from The Redfork Hippie Chick symbolizes my travel to a new location. Yeah. So I just moved from an apartment 20 miles from my job to one 2 miles from my job. This is good. I'm set up. My job, my home, my gym and everything I need is within a 2 mile radius. That's why last night my on-again-off-again mate decided that, contrary to the agreed upon plan we wouldn't get engaged in October and marry in June. Let's just get married in October. My eyes grew wide. Good thing we were on the phone so she couldn't see my dismay. It's not enough that I have to give up EVERYTHING I have established here in my home of 20 years and move to another state and start over, I have to do it 16 weeks from now. Whoa. Needless to say I'm a bit uncomfortable with that. Inertia has always played a big role in my life. That's another reason I drank for so long. Now that I'm sober I'm more open to change. I mean heck, I went out and found a new apartment and moved! All by myself! With no prodding from anyone! Because I wanted to! Wow! Maybe that doesn't sound like much to you but it's out of character for me. I stay put until forced to move usually. I suppose I should quit my whining. This is what I wanted. It's what I asked for. She's not only willing to marry me, she wants to. Shouldn't I take the leap? Strike while the iron's hot? Faint heart never won fair lady. He who hesitates is lost. No time like the present. Carpe Diem! Anyone got any excuses, I mean reasons, why I should chicken out? Caveat emptor? I dunno why I'm asking. Monday was always a slow day even when everyone knew who and where I was. Whatever. OK people. Marry, move and start a whole new life, or stay in my comfortable rut, I mean groove?

4 comments:

Winterswan said...

WOW!!! Could be good; it's all a crap shoot anyway. What's the sudden rush, though? And, dude, being "dismayed" might not be a good sign. Or it might just be a little bit of fear. Maybe it would be the best thing you ever did. Yikes!

Mary Ann said...

Do whatever makes YOU happy! And congrats on the move.

lime said...

wow, *blink blink* um wow. ok, i have REALLY been outta da loop lately. ima reserve further comment until this percolates thru my head a bit more and i have more info....

~d said...

Married? Yes.
Move? Not too far.
Sober? 15 years, 4 months and about 6 days.
Until...December 2006 that is. *Guess I will keep reading to see (how) you do/did on the (marriage-next month?) and the (staying sober).

~d