Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Lowered expectations



In case it's not obvious, she's shaving her beaver. That has nothing to do with lowered expectations other than showing up on a google image search but it cracked me the hell up so I thought I'd share it with you. For what it's worth I like them all natural OR shaved but nothing in between. It's a mystery to me why women (who hate stubble on men so much) find it appropriate to have a nasty rough patch of 8th inch stubble right where I want to put my freshly shaven face! What's up with that? Grow it out or shave it off ladies. Oh and the landing strip looked silly enough. Women who make hearts or rabbit ears? You're killin' me. You really want me to laugh when I see that thing? Quit it.

OK, lowered expectations: I had band rehearsal last night. I play in a roots/rock/reggae style trio doing Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Sublime, Bob Marley and other dub style dancehall reggae stuff. My band mates aren't great at learning stuff. We go over things and they forget all about it. This frustrates me no end and makes me want to fire them (which I might). However it was making rehearsal a real aggravating chore for me., Why rehearse if no one went over anything old OR new? What's the point? If we're going to just wing it why rehearse at all? BUT I decided that I would just go and play and have fun. In other words lower my expectations. Who cares if we play good or bad or what? Just play and enjoy it. The result was we played MUCH better and with more joy and energy than usual. Sometimes it's as easy as adjusting your own attitude.

6 comments:

Winterswan said...

I'm so proud of you!!!!!

Bunny said...

I'm with you on the stubble-hating thang. Hate it on me, hate it on others. Pick one or other, but in-between is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

lime said...

LMAO @ that cartoon, it is pretty funny. and i am glad to hear a man sya he doesn't get the landing strip bit. i swear i don't understand that at all. hearts and bunny ears? holy hell that's a new one to me....another LMAO.

Vixen said...

O....M....G......LMAO! That first paragrah had me LOL, seriously! No shit. Well said.

I found that computer this past winter sometime and loved it. I have it saved on my computer.

Cool.

S said...

Ok Keyser...have you ever been surprise attacked by a woman that wanted to do you when you hadnt shaved? You can be sure, that even if she wanted you, she would be a little abraded by your beard.

Now, sometimes it happens that, we are in between waxins....ya just cant wax 1/8" stubble you know....so theres this time period where...yeah stubble a little ok....sheesh.

I hate landing strips...they are silly....all or nothing is just right.

And ya know, if youre planning a surprise attack, let me know, I got my Sally Hansens strips ready.

HEHEEEEEE

S said...

I should know..:P