Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Of Liquor and Poker

I'm taking some consolation from the fact that many people seem to be having a tough time this week. Everyone's sort of in a blue funk of one sort or another. Lately my obsession with alcohol has been somewhat revived. I went from the occasional craving to constantly thinking about it. I attribute this to lack of sex. It has been my M.O. to drink myself blind if I know I'm not getting laid anyway. This strategy never worked well but I didn't care because I was drunk. Come to think of it I also got drunk when I knew I WAS going to get laid because by then it was a done deal. Actually I guess I got drunk no matter what. Who's kidding who? Except with her. *sigh*
I went to a birthday party for a friend's wife last night and everyone was all coupled up but me. These are all sober people and man I felt so out of place it was ridiculous. I just wanted to go sit in the bar, stare at the bottles and drink Jack Daniel's until my eyeballs fell out. This Green Day tune pretty much sums me up today.

"Basket Case"
Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once
I am one of those melodramatic fools neurotic to the bone no doubt about it
Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid? Or I'm just stoned

I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams she says it's lack of sex that's bringing me down
I went to a whore she said my life's a bore so quit my whining cause it's bringing her down
Sometimes I give myself the creeps
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me
It all keeps adding up
I think I'm cracking up
Am I just paranoid?
Uh, yuh, yuh, ya

Grasping to control
So I better hold on

4 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

Ah, but at those sort of parties, sometimes you have to take the time to rise from your own sorry solitude and watch what's going on. The body language or lack thereof between so many of those couples. On the surface, they may appear blissful but how many are just as desperately wishing they were at the bar with the Jack Daniels rather than dying a thousand deaths in the boredom of coupledom...

Bittersweet said...

The lonelist room can be the busiest, and sometimes it makes no difference if you are single or not.
Be strong hun.

lime said...

glad the creative award helped the funk a wee little bit. why don't you channel all the pent up energy in being creative? i dunno, just a thought. hugs

Snow White said...

I know the feeling. We're celebrating my birthday this weekend and I will be the only one there solo. Oh well... maybe next year! *grin*

xox