Monday, July 30, 2007

Sculpture and Gig Review


I got this off http://www.postsecret.com/ - anyone know what it says? No puedo leer El Hebe. I made a sculpture quite like this in college. It was roundly criticized as crap by the sculpture teacher but I still think it was good. So today I feel like 40 miles of bad road. Let me tell you, rock and roll is for the young. My voice is shot, my hands are aching and I seem to have pulled some sort of muscle in my lower back. It's been quite a while since I did back to back shows and I'm out of shape. Friday we played from 10:30 to 2:30 AM without a break. I love doing that because when you do nobody leaves. As soon as you stop it's over. The band didn't even complain! What a joy! I got home about 4AM and woke up at 8AM. Spent Saturday with the 'rents and was unable to sleep. It didn't occur to me until Saturday morning that perhaps singing all night without a break might strain my voice. I sounded like Tone Loc all day! So I tried not to talk too much and sounded all right that night. We did take breaks this time but only because I was using my original bass player (no, not that one. The other one. No, the OTHER other one.). He did a good job but he has back problems and standing up or even sitting for long periods with a bass on wipes him out. My folks came and really enjoyed themsselves which was nice. They haven't seen me play since I was about 18. It was a bit weird. "Hi Mom!" Anyway she got some great pictures so hopefully I'll post some soon. ANyway once again home at 5 AM and up at 10AM and once again last night I could NOT sleep. So I feel like total shit this morning. Meanwhile last night the stress and strain started to hit me. My tailbone feels like I broke it and my right leg is really starting to hurt. Apparently it's muscle relaxant Monday! It occurs to me that perhaps not eating or sleeping and subsisting on Coca-Cola and Marlboros is neither a very healthy or a very sober thing to do. But I love my mania! What will I do without it?!?! As usual I'm insanely lonely and hating not being in love. Teenagers love...love. I met this girl named Karma that everybody has been saying is so beautiful. I didn't see the beauty part so much but there was a look in her eys that made my loins twitch. She looked at me like I was a pork chop. What a nice feeling! Girls hate that but let me tell you it make guys (or at least THIS guy) feel like a worthwhile human being. Men are so fucking shallow. Meh. Happy Monday.

6 comments:

lime said...

ack, welcome to middle agee. i feel that way and i didn't even have the fun of a performance to realte. i'm just sick....*couch sneeze hack* scuse me.

well feel better soon. glad the visit wasn't too bad.

Snow White said...

Glad to hear your weekend went well, but I'm sorry you're still not sleeping. I slept enough for both of us Saturday night. So much that I was groggy most of yesterday. I guess that's what getting used to 5 hours a night and then sleeping 10 will do for you. Hope you're feeling better this evening! xox

Anonypus said...

Hey PorkChop...what a sweet name, Kharma!

Rest up RockStar ;)

Zoely said...

it says "go towards peace." I could bask in continuously impressing you with my inflated intellect but...it's revealed in the comment below it on P.S.

Stealth said...

where did your high standards go?

lmao....

You can't be shallow and have those high standards you posted...or maybe you can..

so..if I made as much money as you...and didn't have kids, I would be in?

I jest...hey, nice work on the weekend, and I hope you feel better soon doll.

Stealth said...

hmmm..noooo....YOU have a list...one of the things was no kids...or that they should be grown and gone..and one was money...

nanner nanner...

or did you forget you writing that? I commented that I was your walking antilist...