Monday, June 25, 2007

A better day


Not a great picture of me but whatever. Apparently I left a lot of people worried about me with my last post. My bad. Sorry. I do that from time to time. I try to warn the sensitive types away because I just vent here. I once posted a pic of a guy with his brains blown out and the phone started ringing off the hook and one person showed up at my door crying thinking I had shot myself. It's been a rough week but having been dumped by the so-called 'girl of my dreams not once, not twice, not three but now FOUR FUCKIN TIMES I'm kind of used to it. Basically I've decided that what's really going on is SHE'S afraid to commit. I have never treated her like anything but gold and been absolutely honest about everything even when I knew it would cause ME to have a Big Pain In The Ass. She's the one unwilling to compromise on things and backing out. So fuck her. Yes, she's beautiful, she's a panic in the sack, she's got a job, a home, money, she's fairly stable but God fuckin dammit I won't be kicked around anymore. I can do better.

Let's recap: I'm 38. I'm 5'9" and 185 lbs. I can run 5 miles in an hour and bench press my own weight. I'm educated and literate. I speak 3 languages fluently. I've been around the world. I make in excess of $100,000 a year. I've never been married, I don't have any kids, I don't drink or do drugs and I hardly smoke. I breathe through my ears, my tongue never gets tired and my partner's satisfaction is my prime source of sexual joy.

For my part what do I want? Someone shorter and lighter than me with a voracious sexual appetite like my own. She should have a job and make as much (or nearly as much) as I. Even better if she makes more. She should have outside interests but be as willing to share in mine as I am in hers. She should have grown children or not want children. A love of sailing and the sea is a big plus. A basic knowledge of history, art and music would be helpful. A love of travel, a spontaneous streak and a willingness to rough it if need be. She should like my music and be willing to come to the shows and support me.

Is that fuckin much to ask? Really? Maybe so. Anyway I'm refocused on my music and my sobriety. I'm going out to see bands, I've fired up my blues and jazz trios again with new and exciting players and I'm going to take the fuck over. Beep Beep! Coming through.

5 comments:

Vixen said...

Her loss.

.....six Baby..... ;)

I have a tendency to do that too, use my site as a place to vent and next thing I know pple are freaking out all over the place. *snort* Oops!

Love the pic, btw. ~xo

Winterswan said...

No, it's a good picture. It looks like you're in the zone. =) I'm glad you're okay. You had me a bit worried as well. Big Hugs!

Elaine Denning said...

I tick all the boxes, bar one.
Damn.

Glad you're back in the swing of things again :)

Spice said...

Well really!! Do you really want someone who can't recognize "the package".

Happy to see you're doing better.

Stealth said...

Austin was fun. Hmm...let me look at your list...

um....I am like your anti- list walking around in real life.

eyeeeahhh...well I hope you are doing better :)