Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Robert Heinlein - literary hero


I got this picture of Robert Heinlein here. He is among my very favorite authors not least because his characters invariably inspired me to try to be a better man. That's high praise indeed. Just ask Jack Nicholson (another hero) 's charater in As Good As It Gets. So, if you never read anything I've recommended or link I've lunk, read THIS. If ever anyone has summed up the way I feel about myself. the world, honor, integrity, spirituality and common sense that's it.

3 comments:

lime said...

i've only ever read 'stranger in a strange land' but i enjoyed it very much. very thought provoking stuff.

and the JN quote in as good as it gets....i've used that many times. i can't think of much higher praise.

Winterswan said...

Wow. I can definitely see why you like him. Cool stuff; and at, times, a bit brutal. I don't remember the JN quote, despite that I've seen the movie several time. Shame on me!

Winterswan said...

PS-I know Keyser rhymes with "geyser"- I intended Keys to be pronounced to rhyme with "eyes"...but then, I suppose that really doesn't work. Probably, I should have spelled it "Keyse", but..well...why am I explaining this???!!! Lol.
Love Ya!