Friday, June 29, 2007

Sonya, My New Guitar


OK, ths isn't the very girl. She's the right year and color though. Mine's actually in much better shape. This is a picture of a new guitar that's been "relic-ized" which means somebody beat the shit out of a beautiful brand new guitar and then charged you $500 more for it. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, right up there with brand new ripped jeans. Anyway MY new guitar is a 1988 reissue of a 1962 Candy Apple Red Fender Stratocaster. She has come minor blemishes here and there but the TONE! More than that, THE PLAYABILITY!!!! My God! I knew in the first 5 seconds I had to have hert, financial ruin be damned. What's more I found another like her (in three tone sunburst) that I must have. I'm getting ready to trade Ursula and Mary in. Ursula is my black 1986 reissue of a 1957 strat and Mary is a brand new reissue of a 1970. I made the mistake of playing all three guitars in rapid succession and I can't figure out how I ever played the old ones. The '57 was refretted with jumbo frets which now feel like clown shoes. The '70...is better, but not much. The '62 is THE SHIT. There's just no comparison. I'm loathe to EVER sell guitars and both Mary and Ursula are probably good investments but as instruments...well... I dunno if they're gonna get much use from here on out. Maybe I'll crank up the action on Ursula and use her for slide, keep Mary as a back up. She has a special feel of her own. Sonya is the new main axe. I wonder what I'll name the sunburst one?

6 comments:

lime said...

sounds like you found a new lover ....;) enjoy her :D

Winterswan said...

With respect to your post on my blog-yeah, a few people have raised eyebrows about the Nyquil, but it doesn't bother me. I've been sober for eight years now, and to me it's just medicine. I use mouthwash as well; I'm just not freaky like that. It's all an individual thing, though, and when I first got sober I wouldn't have taken anything with alcohol in it. Yeah-I remember being single kind of sucking a**. It's hard to not have that person there to bounce ideas off of and share life with. I hope you find someone cool soon!!! Hugs and kisses.

Zoely said...

when are you heading out of town, baby? Still considering my offer?

Elaine Denning said...

Aww. It's like getting rid of one of your children :(

Vixen said...

Purty!

ALRO said...

That's fricken sweet man!!! very very nice!!!