Friday, January 11, 2008

Bent and twisted - naked aggression

I'm feeling kind of wiggy here. One of the side effects of a high protein/lo-carb diet is you get tense. Carbs are a feel-good food. They help trigger endorphins and dopamines and all that crap that makes your body feel yummy. That's why it's called comfort food. Thus you could describe my diet as discomfort food. I'm tense, edgy and much more lustful and aggressive than usual. I went to a meeting today but need to do more. My sponsor is in the hospital having surgery tonight. I'm going to a concert in Brooklyn with a friend. I offered to sponsor a new comer today and he said yes so I guess I have a sponsee now. Yeesh. I need to go run 5 miles. That's all.

6 comments:

lime said...

i need the endorphins...gimme the damn carbs and nobody gets hurt.

have fun at the concert and congrats on becoming a sponsor, big step. :)

Zoely said...

i am confident that you will be an awesome sponsor. i'm surprised you've not been asked already.

S said...

OK why are you doing that diet? Arent you slim enough yet?
I need my carbs, I cannot live without them, and as long as I have diet coke, I can deal with the carbs in other stuff.
Its the soda that really packs it on.

KS, you look swell, go have a cheeseburger.

PS I only had one sponsee, I was lousy at it, so I fired myself and got her a new one.

I think that having a sponsee is such a good thing. You will really feel like you are helping out!
ANd yes a huge step!

Vi said...

nope, I'm never giving up carbs (apart from bread) if someone tried to take my mash potato with gravy away from me, I'd bite their hand off!

Anonymous said...

That is one lucky sponsee! :)

And I can sympathize with you on the carbs thing. Just went back to low-carbing... ugh. I miss chocolate! *whine* (Mind you, it's been two days!)

Winterswan said...

For me, I find that different food groups in moderation are good. I can't sustain a diet where I'm not eating carbs, etc. It makes me feel like I'm being denied something, and then I just gain the weight back when I start eating normally again. Plus, I recently read an article in Outside magazine written by a fitness counselor who said that our bodies need carbs when we're working out, even just working out normally. So, that's my excuse!!! I work out like three times a week now, hard, and feel great.