Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Cross Country New Year


So to try something new and different I went cross Country Skiing for New Year's. Me and a batch of my adventure buddies left the wives, girlfriends and cell phones at home and went out to hit the trails to prove (among other things) that I can still have a good time without alcohol. Lo and behold; it was a blast. I went years ago and found that it got in the way of my partying. I was forever stopping for a smoke and a hit off the pipe or the flask. This time was completely different. It was a great workout and a good time was had by all. No one fell down. OK, I fell down once. Twice. Both times while standing completely still. Laugh all you want, somebody was purposely moving the ground. Anyway I had a grand time and it was good to see old friends. Anyone else do anything interesting for new years?

3 comments:

lime said...

i have wanted to try cross country skiing for a long time. i need to find someone who wants to take me.

Zoely said...

another really, really fun outdoor exercise~activity~recreation thing to do in the snow is SNOWSHOEING! i have a pair of you wanna borrow them next time u & ur mates head off to the woods!
I drank some pomagranate stuff for New Year's and met a genuine Scotsman wearing his kilt.
Happy New Year, buddy!

Bunny said...

I went to Chuck E Cheese. I know you're jealous - lol