Tuesday, January 8, 2008

New Art

Dark Church

The Sneak


In a fit of artistic mania Sunday night I took about 40 pictures of my hands. Here are two that came out especially well. More will probably be forthcoming. I'm thinking of getting these printed big, like 18x24" or so. I saw "Frida" the Selma Hayek movie about the famous Mexican artist and got a big batch of inspiration. Last night the mania continued and I have not slept yet. Caffiene is bad for you. I have several new pieces planned so watch this space. I hope to finish Pearl earring soon as well. I bought ink for my printer and buying a brand new printer would have been cheaper. I need a new camera as well. 1.2 megapixels from 1999 is no longer cutting it. I need major print quality. I need a new PC also. Good thing I'm fuckin rich.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That first one is just sublime!!

Zoely said...

Selma Hayek is DA BOMB.
& of course you know...the hands ROCK.

Bunny said...

Very sexy hands! I love both these pictures. Of course, I adore manly working hands.

I hope you get some sleep - lay off the caffeine!

lime said...

LOVE that top one. absolutely love it. the balance and contrast is just fabulous. definitely blow that up. frame it, hang it on a wall.

since you are rich how would ya like to get me a new camera and a mac powerbook too? what? you said yer rich? c'mon, spread the wealth, dude? ;)

Winterswan said...

I like the top one too. The contrast between dark and light is definitely cool and something about it makes me wonder what the person behind the hands is going through. It has a feeling of angst. And that's my art gallery blah blah for tonight!!! =)

MsBehavn said...

You have beautiful hands. The pics are stunning!