Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Lime Interview


Lime recently did an interview at her place and like a fool I asked for interview questions so now I have to answer. That'll teach me to be sociable. So here are her questions and my response.
1. You play many instruments. what you listen to for the respective moods angry, sad, elated, pensive, frisky, and at peace. This is a harder question than it looks. The answers change all the time but here are some random picks. Angry:NIN, Sad: Tori Amos, Elated: Stevie Ray or ZZ Top, Pensive: Jeff Beck, Frisky: Depends on who I'm getting frisky with, At Peace: Music does not soothe me. It excites.
2. You write, draw and paint. did you have a lot of encouragement in fostering your creative talents as you were growing up or have you gone agasint the grain as you pursued these creative outlets? My parents considered me God's gift to creativity and pushed me relentlessly to pursue such things with mixed effects on my sanity and general mental health.
2a. What is it in each of those three areas that speaks to your soul and drives you?
This is a seperate question but in the spirit of openness I'll answer. I don't know. It used to be alcohol. Now? I don't do much anymore. Sad but true. My creatvitiy is dead.
3. You recently introduced us to your sister and said the two of you were close in spite of being pushed in that direction. would you elaborate a bit? how did the relationship develop, especially given the vast age difference. We bonded over our family's insanity. Somehow we turned out not too screwed up except maybe in the area of relationships. That's all I have to say about that.
4. There is a movie of your life to be filmed. cast the major roles and tell us why you chose each actor. I guess I'll have Matt Damon play me. He just got voted sexiest man alive and that's how I want to be viewed. If you want REALISM then I should be played by either Robin Williams or Jack Nicholson but it wouldn't be a movie. It's a one man, one act play and it ends in tragedy. God, I'm fuckin tickle-me-Emo today!
5. You and i are forming a new band called 'ferikked, ferhoodled, and feraikled.' what sort of music will we play and what do we wear? oh yeah, and since i have a singing voice that peels paint and i suck with a guitar, what is my part in said band? who else is in the band with us? (You can pick ANYONE)
Well it would have to be punk rock. Then you could play guitar AND sing because punk rock is MEANT to peel paint. I'd play drums and so I guess we'd need a GOOD bass player. Maybe Lemmy Kilmeister or Flea. I want to be Ferikked so you and Flea will have to fight it out as to who is Feraikled and who is Ferhoodled. Let that be a lesson to you. Don't be interviewed by Lime. She asks the hard hitting questions.

3 comments:

Zoely said...

i think you missed the mark altogether with question 2a; i think the question was, what is it in each area (writing, drawing & painting) that speaks to your soul and drives you.
and, at the risk of being cheeky, i don't believe that your creativity is dead. maybe it's taking a break. or maybe you're expressing it in other arenas where you didn't before.

Bunny said...

Excellent answers to some TOUGH questions. I would definitely come see this punk band of yours. Perhaps y'all can open for Against Me - would that be a good fit?

lime said...

what? i threw you a total fluff question at the end! and i thought the first one was a fun question, not a hard one.

well, thanks for playing along. i enjoyed reading the answers.

put me down as ferhoodled, flea can be feraikled by the two of us