Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Things You Love


The Things You Love Will Destroy You by Luke Cheuh
I make it a habit to showcase artists and musicians that I like here. I do it for no other reason than to share with my friends that which I think is great. I never profit from any of it, nor would it occur to me to try to do so. I barely make any profit from my own friggin work, why would I try to steal someone else's? There are lots of really great artists and musicians out there. I hope I help some of them. Maybe someday some of them will help ME!
I suddenly realized that a good friend is an artist and I never even noticed it. Her work is so much a part of her and her life. It's not something she aspires to make a living at so much as something she just DOES. I think we might all take a little lesson from that, hmm? Anyway this piece is speaking to me today and it's saying "Some days you da rabbit, somedays you da po' wigga unna da rabbit foot." Yeah.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes youre the windshield
Sometimes youre the bug

Zoely said...

LMAO i used that same image a while ago for a mute monday submission titled "love"...i LOVE LOVE LOVE that piece, and after i saved it, i couldn't find it again. thanks for the assist...now i know the artist & will not forget.

Maggie said...

Hey Keyser,

Thanks for commenting on my blog and for taking the time to read some of my work.

I see someone here commented using a Mary Chapin Carpenter couple of lines...interesting...I remember that song from long ago, and her song Passionate Kisses, a song that Lucinda Williams wrote. My brother turned me on to Lucinda years ago, but in the busyness of life I had almost forgotten her until I heard Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. I've seen her a few times and love her work.

Musicians rule! All my children play some instrument...oldest son the piano, daughter the piano and drums, youngest son the guitar (alas, no Les Paul for him yet!). Think he has an acoustic Washburn my mom bought him.

His influences are so varied. He grew up (or is growing up) with a mom who has loved Bob Dylan since she was a child of five in 1963.

He played me Knockin on Heaven's Door this past week. His other influences are Lou Reed, Zeppelin, Hendrix, and some group I just started listening to--Arcade Fire, maybe.

Cool site. Enjoyed visiting it very much!

lime said...

damn, ain't that the truth...every word of it....

MsBehavn said...

I just spend an inordinate amount of time looking through some of Luke's other work. Damn you for this distraction! *laughs*

It's rather sad how we don't always recognise talent in people we spend the most time around.