Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Whoops, I did it again...




Yes, I bought another guitar. Here she is, a fine example of a 1992 Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960 model. Under the influence of The Right Reverend Billy F. Gibbons, vocalist and guitarist for Z.Z. Top, I realized I had to have a Les Paul. His '59 LP, affectionately named Pearly Gates, has beeen seen here on numerous occasions. I had planned to buy a 1959 Custom Shop '59 reissue for $5000 but they weren't that great and I prefer the thinner '60 neck. Anyway I recently played a ton of these in their various models, Standard (new and old), Classic, Custom, etc... and these sounded and played the best for me. They're $2200 new including tax, etc. but I got this one for about 2/3ds of that on eBay. She needs a name. I'm thinking her name needs to be "Precious" to go with "Grace" my white strat. Precious and Grace is a favorite ZZ tune.

7 comments:

lime said...

she's a pretty girl she is. a nd precious suits her as a name....i'm not thinking ZZ top so much as .....myyyy preccccciousssssssss.

hehehe, enjoy

MsBehavn said...

She's beautiful, K! I wish you many hours of beautiful music with her

xo

Zoely said...

nice guitar. i used to have a lover who'd nicknamed me "Precious," so i'm fond of that name, too.

Bunny said...

Gorgeous girl! Wondering though . . . have you traded two addictions in for a third? LOL Just kidding. This one is okay - hurts nothing except your bank account.

ALRO said...

dude.. yer killin' me!!!
That is one AWESOME LOOKING chick!!!

I love her..
I want her..
I can't afford her :(

She's a beaut!
I have the epiphone version - they're a nice guit... a good escape from the Strat...

ALRO said...

BTW... "Precious" is perfect for a name... do it!!

Joanna Cake said...

My Husband has his own version of this beautiful guitar altho I think it was made in the 80s rather than the 90s. He recently purchased a Cornford(?) amp and it sounds divine.