Friday, December 28, 2007

Me and Precious


Apparently a Gibson Les Paul is a different beast altogether. I spent some time with her last night and she is unlike the other girls. She brings out a much more aggressive and harsh side of me; impersonal and technical. The pickup selector is in a weird place and I hit it a lot unintentionally producing strange sounding results. The fixed bridge and low action results in much faster, more in tune and precise sounding soloing and I find myself using my right hand on the neck a lot more than I normally would. I predict she will inspire a whole new style of music in me.

6 comments:

Zoely said...

aggressive and harsh, eh?
will you use the Les Paul for some upcoming gig, i wonder?
nice pic nonetheless.

lime said...

terrific shot. do enjoy getting to know each other.

Kittie Kate said...

It is in a weird place.
It's pretty, but it's in a weird place.
I've never played a guitar, but I know what everything does.

My favorite guitarists are Jimi Hendrix, Santana, and Randy Rhoads. Those are my favorites so far.

Bunny said...

Maybe Precious is just the kick-start you need to get your creative mojo back, eh? She's a beauty, that's for sure. I think you'll be good for each other.

Evalinn said...

sounds great :-)

ALRO said...

Welcome to the world of Les Pauls baby!!
Ain't she a beaut!?