Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Character and the lack thereof


This cracked me up but it's really apropos of nothing. Just thought I'd share the laugh. Today is day 366, a year and a day. I keep feeling melancholy but I'm trying hard to shake it off. I was so blue when I got home from work yesterday I forced myself to go to the gym for 2 hours. I felt much better after that. Move a muscle; change a thought. Any particle physicist will tell you that the act of observing a thing changes that thing. Therefore if you change the way you look at a thing, you change the thing itself! I'm trying hard to want what I have. Even though many elements of my life these days are bitterly unsatisifying I feel incredibly blessed in many ways. I have many choices today where I once had none. That is a gift. Many peopl ehave come to look up to me and to depend upon my help and care. That's pretty fulfilling. All Thanks And Praise Be To God Everyday! Dem in Babylon dun know de wey, but dem will fi gwan wan dey!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, M.G...took me a sec to figure out WHAT those rapscallions were doing ;)...and then I just could.NOT.stop.laughing

In all those words of struggle, my friend...I hear the STRENGTH, the HOPE & the JOY.

Keep On.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard.

AND I went to church on Sunday. I'm headed STRAIGHT for hell.

Anyone want me to save 'em a seat on the front row?

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh and good for you going to the gym instead of having the pity party. You're keeping so many things together. I'm seriously impressed!

Anonymous said...

Yu are doing good... and so right... Yes, that pic was a good one to share... Thanks for the laugh!

Bunny said...

I've been using the YMCA gym as an alternative to self-pitying whining myself. It does work!

Shibari said...

I am giggling ... I think i burst my gallbladder... ohh that is right I don't HAVE a gallbladder... People of faith myself included do or should have a sense of humor... Things are way too serious.. and yes there is a time for all seriousness but there is a season for fun too...xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh...

and the introspection.

It made for a great combination to go with my morning Earl Grey. ;)

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey, I sent this to my son; when he was home on leave, his buds did a HILARIOUS lip sync YMCA dance for him, that I have on video. Just had to forward this one to him.

Congrats to you, doll, for your 366 days. Hugs!