Monday, October 29, 2007

Photo by Z


"Josephine..."
~~ The Last Words of Napoleon Bonaparte, French Emperor
May 5, 1821
I've been reading Salvador Dali's biography. What a nut. Genius and insanity are rarely far apart. The striking thing is how much he loved his wife, Gala. For all the women he dogged there was still ever only her. How I long for that kind of love. I thought I had it once but it was just an illusion. To love someone so much that their name would be on my lips at my dying breath...
What price a love like that?

7 comments:

S said...

Now that....is one hot pic, dear one. Yes yes, guitar player arms, my favorite of all, jus sayin.

Yes, on my death bed I will gasp...
"Garrryy, pllleaaseee, dont forget to take out the trashhhhhhhhhhhh...."

Lady in red said...

that kind of love would be awesome but very few are able to attain it.

very nice picture indeed

lime said...

LOVE love LOVE the pic. absolutely fabulous.

as for the goal of that kind of love...sigh...it sure would be an amazing thing.

Anonymous said...

Yes... and, she didn't deserve that kind of love at all... that bitch!!!!! And just think about the poet Eluard that she left to turn to Dali... The crazy guy was to become rich... and this is all she had in mind... Pfffff... She even didn't respect him a bit...
;-))
You really are an anachronic romantic... just like me... but it feels often that our goal is mirage... isn't???
Oh... yes.. the pic is very nice... would you still have some more on Thursday???

Winterswan said...

What an awesome picture! I love it!!!

On another note, the reality of love is seldom as exciting as the fantasy of it. It's beautiful but takes constant nurturing and gratitude in order to keep it alive and passionate.

Shibari said...

I love this picture... :)
wish you playing for me... ermm with me...

Anonymous said...

I love Salvador Dali. He's my favorite artist.