Tuesday, September 4, 2007

BOUGHT!






OK, much has been said in this space about my insane and addictive behavior. Here we have the latest example of that. A 1990 reissue of a 1962 Fender stratocaster. Olympic white with a rosewood neck. $1800. It looks kind of yellow, but that's what happens to Olympic white with age. If you want real white you have to get arctic white. Um...yeah. So now I have a Fender Stratocaster for each day of the week. Average price $2000. Total spent on guitars for the calendar year of 2007? $12,000. Holy cow. I'd better start paying these off and right quick! It's actually my plan to sell a few of these (hopefully at a profit) to finance the cost of the rest and offset the interest on the associated credit cards. One hopes. I may not have the love of my life but I have a bitchin guitar collection God dammit! It could be worse. I could be buying massive quantities of alcohol and have nothing to show but a swollen liver and a broken heart. Viva la resistance! Oh, and since Os is hosting Dorky Tuesday, consider this my entry since clearly I am a guitar collecting dork.

5 comments:

Charlie said...

can i have it? borrow it? no? ok...ill but dream

lime said...

well ok, you have a point...it's not drugs or booze....but 12K??? dude....i hope you can turn a profit on the ones you sell....

S said...

12 k so what....make it, pay it back, manifest the 12,ooo and then some.

S

ALRO said...

she's a beaut tho'
very nice..

Here's a pic of my les paul.

http://www.alromusic.com/images/leftylespaul.jpg

Zoely said...

but can a guitar be geeky? i don't think so. $12k ain't much here in New Yawk & u know it.