Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Howlin Wolf


Continuing with my recent themes of wolves, hell hounds on my trail and the blues here's an iconic photograph of the amazing Howlin' Wolf AKA Chester Arthur Burnett (June 10, 1910January 10, 1976). When I think of the blues this is the guy whose voice I hear in my head. Click HERE for the Wikipedia article on his life. Click HERE for the official homepage with his bio, DVDs, CD, etc, etc, etc.. Nothing I could write about the guy could improve on what's already been said on this links BUT you should read the links because let me tell you this guy is THE SHIT.

Meanwhile I'm feelin alright for a guy with two hours sleep. I'm on an insane manic run here. It's been many days of running full blast. I'm down to 176 lbs. My abs are, well, visible! I'm getting cut! Buff even! I really want to take a shitload of pictures of me as different characters with this new bod. I want to play guitar in biker boots, tight jeans, a leather vest, tattoos, mirror shades and my cowboy hat. I want every girl in the bar to purr, sweat and cream their jeans. Oh yes.

***Photo by Ray Flerlage 2231 East 67th Street 13C, Chicago, IL 60649, USA.

Here's to the victims of 9/11. May the Lord bless and keep you.

1 comment:

Zoely said...

one of my favorite tapes (yeah, TAPES, not CD) was the London Howlin' Wolf sessions...with Clapton and others assisting. HAWT. I found him thru the Dead somehow...yep, an ol' hippie chick am i.