Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Meet The Girls


Here we have my three main guitars. They are 80's 1962 Reisssues named Red, Whitey and Blue AKA Sonja, Grace and Lilly. They're also my most recent aquisitions. Red was $1400, Grace was $1800 and Lilly was $2250. I hate to play favorites but Red is far and away the best I've ever played. When my guitar tech saw her for the first time he said "HOLY SHIT that neck is straight!" and he sees thousands of guitars a year. So yeah, she's bitchin. Blue probably plays second best of the lot. Here's the whole collection (not including my 80's Ibanez since it isn't a Fender nor really usable.

At the top (left to right) we have NoName, Mary and Ursula. NoName was supposed to be a 2007 American '62 RI but I have my doubts. I haven't been able to confirm it yet but I think she's Mexican. Not a player's guitar. Price $900 on eBay. Mary is a 2006 USA 1970 RI Price $1500. Ursula, who was my first Fender and main squeeze for years until I met Sonja, is an '86 1957 RI with a maple neck (all the others are rosewood necks). She started the whole thing in 1996 or so. Price $700. That model sold on eBay this week for $3500. I guess you could call this a collection hunh? Grace turned out to be Vintage white, not Olympic white, so she's more yellowish than white. I'm a bit disappointed in that but not enough to send her back. So I want an Olypic white one. I'm not crazy about the pastel colors, Fiesta Red, Seafoam Green and Sonic Blue. I kind of like the dark Sherwood Green. I want a two tone AND a three tone Sunburst and maybe a Gold and Silver one to round out the collection. I like the custom colors, especailly Cherry Sunburst. I've been thinking about building a strat from parts. Franken strat in some crazy color... TOmorrow's HNT (which I already took) is awesome. You gonna like.

5 comments:

ALRO said...

THOSE ARE SWEET!!!!

very nice.. i'm jealous.

Just sent my tele in for a 'tune-up'. Just replaced the neck on it - so i sent it to my tech for a setup...
Can't wait to get 'im back!

Zoely said...

Nice, how did you get them all floating in the air like that? And of COURSE the RED one is the BEST!!!!

lime said...

dude that is some serious set of guitars. they show up so nicely on the black. thanks for the intros.

Anonymous said...

Well, not knowing much about geetars...I'll say they are very pretty colours and your love of 'em shines through ;)

Vixen said...

So. Like. After my Monday post (if you scroll to the bottom of the post there is a pic)....

I REALLY want to do an HNT with one of your girls....

~wink~