Wednesday, August 8, 2007

FAIL


Well the date I was so excited about was kind of a non-event. I got all dolled up, picked her up and took her out for a lovely Italian meal downtown. The food and service were great and afterward we held hands and strolled down to Union Sq, then I took her home. It was a good time and we got along fine but...no sparks. It was just kind of OK. Nothing terrible, nothing great.
I didn't get the sense that I was getting her wet. My first date with Bren we could both could feel the electricity and the kissing was totally hot. Last night's kiss hello and kiss goodbye were the same; on the lips, no shivers down the spine. I think she enjoyed it and we might go out again but I don't have any high hopes for a long term thing. Not that anything untoward happened but it just feels like FAIL. Oh well. She wasn't as sexy as I remember her being. Maybe because I got fabulously laid the night before? Humph.

6 comments:

ALRO said...

After my divorce .. i came to the realization that when i was ready to start dating, I wasn't gonna look for "Love at first sight" -- or "Sparks on the first date"...

1) I'm too old for it.
2) Further to that - i know that at (then) 34 years old, i was too set in my way towards what i sought in a woman that if i went on dates looking to get laid i'd be sadly disappointed ...

so I started dating for the sole purpose to meet knew people and make friends...ONLY.. that is to say - i went on a date not expecting anything.

This reduced stress at the beginning of the date. It removed expectation that could make things uncomfortable throughout the date - because anything that was being said had absolutely nothing attached to it.. i went into the date with nothing to loose..

I made some good friends this way.. some dates turned out to be nothing.. but I had fun with the company that i had .. but i eventually met LilDeb - who I fully believe is my sole-mate! Dating became one of the easiest things to deal with cuz it really wasn't DATING in the pure sense.. it was just adults getting together to have a meal and bar hop... see some good bands along the way...

i told this to another friend of my who is my age - and she was hellbent to find a husband .. and if he wasn't ready to have children right away - she wouldn't bother with him... that was just craziness..

she's now with a buddy of mine - and an attraction between them happened when she wasn't expecting it - that's how it works...

But - that's just my opinion.. we're all different people right? but this way sure help alleviate disappointment..

Joanna Cake said...

^^^^^
Wot alro said. It wasnt until I met Ruf for the third time that I realised I felt anything at all and even then I didnt understand what it was. There was no huge chemistry, no fireworks, nothing like that.

Give it time x

lime said...

well, dude, what woman can even begion to compare the 2/3 of a threesome? i mean really>? and quite honestly, you may have had sparks with brenda but all i see her doing is repeatedly burning yer ass.

S said...

Maybe youre just getting spoiled and you didnt appreciate her for her individual beauty!
:P

S said...

In some ways, we are too alike...I am getting a little bit of a tummy back from what? COKE!!!
LOL
Im still teeny tho....but yeah, the coke def goes right to the middle, doesnt it.

I still think you look fine, dear!

Vixen said...

Yeah.... I think the whole 'being fabulously laid' the night before might have had quite a bit to do with it. ;)

But seriously, if the spark wasn't there....it wasn't there. What can you do?