Thursday, August 16, 2007

Help A Soldier -HNT

UPDATE:
I had to take down the names and addresses due to US Gov Regs. Email me and I'll send you a name and address to send your care packages to.

My friend is a soldier in Iraq. Needless to say they don’t exactly have Quik-E-Mart next door so basic necessities are in mighty short supply. Go the post office, get a flat-rate box. Run around and fill it with as much stuff as you can fit, from the items listed below, or anything else you can think of. Take the box back to the post office, and pay $8.95 to send it to one of these guys.
Standard requests from my friend, and in every package I send are powdered drink mixes, the individual ones you can pour in a water bottle. Wet wipes are in high demand. Beef jerky, trail mix (no candy!) and substantial snacks to get them through long days. Long socks are hot-ticket items; after walking a few days in that heat and dust, there's often no salvaging a pair; they just take them off and toss them. AA batteries, for both their electronic fun gadgets, and their rifle scopes. Magazines. Photos. Other than that, I just walk thru Walmart and throw in any creature comforts I spot: Eye drops, foot creams, sunglasses, deck of cards, stupid toys, deodorant, sunscreen. I know those sundry things get handed around a lot. If your soldier can't use them someone else will need it.

Whatever you think of the war these kids need our help. Thanks.
Oh and here's a little something for HNT. Me in a threesome:

10 comments:

Vixen said...

That is sweet of you to post that.

And wow. You know how much I *love* threesomes! ;)

tkkerouac said...

Very thoughtful for you to do this, play on, happy HNT!

lime said...

excellent suggestion and i agree completely....doesnt' matter what you think of the war...think of the soldiers.

HHNT

lecram sinun said...

Wonderful idea! Cheers and Happy HNT!

Stealth said...

wow, I might need to grab that and make an alert.

We gotta look out for our boys!

Zoely said...

Proving once again that you are a rawking fellow.
HHNT!

Bad Bad Girl said...

I love a good threesome. Happy HNT! Wonderful post.

Bittersweet said...

That is a wonderful gesture.

heartwarming xx

~ J ~ said...

Very cool idea, I know the guys love to get care packages...
Happy HNT :)

Shibari said...

ohhh I like VERY much!
:)