Thursday, August 2, 2007

Hello HNT


On display here is ny new addiction to Coca-Cola Classic. Original formula. Can you even find new Coke anymore? People used to say to me before I quit drinking "Well you wouldn't sit down and drink a case of COKE!" Oh wouldn't I? Yes, apparently I would. SO I desperately need to quit drinking all this soda because it's killing all my gains from the gym last year. I need to find a new local gym and get backl to work. I'll never get laid looking like this!

On display here is my new addiction to buying vintage Fender stratocaster guitars. This is a 1988 reissue of a 1962 strat in a lovely lake placid blue. I spent about $6000 on guitars this year alone. That's more than I spent on guitars in the last 20 years LOL! It's a good thing I'm not married because my wife would kill me. People keep asking me why these guitars. Well for one thing since I switched to Fender American vintage guitars from lame-assed Japanese imports from the 80's my playing got about 1000 times better, literally. For another thing I've tried Gibsons, the other major American brand, and just never found a guitar that suited me. These are light, fast, beautiful, functional and affordable. Mostly affordable. Oh, and they seem to appreciate quite a bit in value. So I now have 5 vintage strats. I plan to buy one more soon. A white one. You may think I'm crazy for wanting the same guitar in red, white and blue but WTF? It'll look cool with them lined up behind me onstage. They're like women, you need a steady and two alternates LOL IF ONLY! The funny thing about that is, like women, I always end up sticking to one. I'm probably going to sell Ursula because I just can't play her anymore. The 57 with the jumbo frets just doesn't feel right. Mary, the 70's style natural finish is my backup guitar now but I might have to sell her too. She's brand new and mint so it should be easy enough. Not that I want to sell these but heck how many can you play at once. I don't want to have them laying around unloved just to increase in value. Instruments are meant to be played. I'm very curious how the brand new sunburst one is going to be. HHNT everyone!



14 comments:

Zoely said...

hahahha first

I BEG to differ re whether or not you'll get laid...that's not the issue & YOU know it.

LOL HHNT baby you look great and I adore you.

Bad Bad Girl said...

You look pretty good to me...

Snow White said...

Nice shot! And I agree with the others... I'm not sure why you're not gettin' any, but it's surely not because of your bod!

Happy HNT! xox

Stealth said...

you look fine, silly, and I remember your addiction to the vintage from austin haha

tkkerouac said...

Hot Bod, you'll find some some soon. Happy HNT1

nope said...

I approve! :)
HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Hummm... I think you don't get laid because you don't really want it... at least this is not all ou want...
Some people are collectors... ome like to collect vintage cars, some are about stamps, some others about stones... some about women, and some women about men... ;-))
You are on your own and totally entitle to spend your money the way it please you... nothing wrong about that...
Wy are oyu always so hard on you...???
Keep drinking Coke... I'm on 7-Up... and loosing weight... So, now, imagine if all those sodas have been beers... ARGHHHHH!!!!!!
HHNT!

SignGurl said...

You posted my favorite spot on a man. I love to lick that spot...right there.

Happy Half Nekkid Thursdy!

MG said...

Damn Addictions!

As always, still looking good to me too :)

HHNT

Regal said...

Happy HNT!

Julie said...

I'm a Diet Coke girl myself...

Of course there are worse addictions. Mine are Afrin and Sex Toys.

Lapis Ruber said...

Nice guitar! Belated HHNT

Joanna Cake said...

Not that I think you necessarily need one but I keep telling these dieting bloggers - water and wanking. Keeps your body hydrated but not fizzy and your fingers busy :)

Altho, in your case, you have your guitar. My Husband purchased some years ago a Gibson Les Paul which he adores and of which people are very envious. He loves the tone.

Vixen said...

Yuummm. Love the picture.

I adore you too babe. :)