Friday, August 10, 2007

Gentleman Pirate


Well, It's Friday and it's been one FUCK of a weird week. All good I guess, just weird. I got lots of action which has been sorely lacking of late. Apparently once I stopped holding out emotionally for Brenda the flood gates opened. WHOOSH! It's uncannily ironic that one of the reasons Brenda broke up with me (again) is I didn't want to see a therapist. Not that I said NO, just that I wasn't ready YET. Meanwhile I'm now literally SEEING a therapist in the dating sense. She doesn't seem to think I need therapy. In fact she said the thing she liked best about me was what a perfect gentleman I was. What, so I held doors, bought her dinner, held her chair, held her hand and didn't go for the grope? Big deal. I get that compliment a lot actually and usually I say "My momma would slap the taste out of my mouth if I wasn't." because I think that sounds funny but it's not true at all. I behave that way because that's who I am. No one taught me that. I just think it's the right way to behave. Chivalry and good manners are alive and well in my heart. Women and children first and I'd shoot any man trying to go ahead of them. Most men are cowardly dogs these days it seems. A true pirate captain is kind and generous to women and children but give his enemies no quarter nor asks any for himself. Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!

5 comments:

lime said...

hhmmm, all very interesting...all of it indeed....

Winterswan said...

If you could see me right now, you'd see that I have a big smile on my face. =0) I'm glad things are looking up!!!

Bittersweet said...

you are warming the cockles of my heart here ... a gentleman and a (bad BAD) pirate is a wonderful combination.

Johanne said...

You are a pirate in the best romantic way ever... ;-) Never loose that side in you... it is rare... and very precious, at least for women like me.. ;-)
I wish you are hidding it only at the right moments... and I'm quite sure you do... ;-)

Elaine Denning said...

Good for you! That made me smile :)